Debit Card FAQs
What happens if I forget to submit verification?
- If we do not receive your documentation within 60 days of the purchase, your BASIC Benefits Card will be suspended.
- If your card is suspended, you can have it reactivated by submitting the requested documentation or refund the amount charged (see steps below under ineligible items).
- While your card is suspended you may still submit reimbursement requests for items or services for which you paid out of pocket (see above for instructions regarding reimbursements).
- You can prevent your card from being temporarily suspended by monitoring your transaction status via your online access.
What happens if I purchase an ineligible item(s)?
- You will receive an email or letter from BASIC requesting a refund.
- Mail a check, payable to your employer, to BASIC at 9246 Portage Industrial Dr, Portage MI 49024.
- Once this is received, your account will be credited and the check will be forwarded to your employer.
What if I do not have my BASIC Benefits Card and I need to purchase a qualified product or service?
- Pay your bill with your own cash, debit/credit card, or check
- Keep your itemized billing statements and Explanation of Benefits
- Submit a request for reimbursement (see above)
Why doesn’t my card work at the pharmacy or retailer?
- The pharmacy or retailer may not be IIAS compliant
- You may have outstanding debit card transactions that need to be verified
- You may be trying to purchase an item that is not eligible under IRS Regulations