How Can We Help?
< Back
You are here:

FSA/DCA Debit Card FAQs

When will I have to submit receipts?

Some providers will bill the participant for dates of service outside the plan year.
For example:

  • Provider can take a year to bill the insurance provider.
  • Insurance company can take a year to pay the claim to the provider.
  • The provider can then take another year to bill the participant.

As the debit card process does not provide the actual date of service, the IRS requires documentation to be submitted.  This is only for items that do not match a set dollar co-payment from the group insurance or a prescription from a pharmacy.
Current set dollar copayments are as follows:

  • $10, $25, $30, $40, $50, $60 and $200

What happens if I forget to submit verification?

  • If we do not receive your documentation within 60 days of the purchase, your BASIC Benefits Card will be suspended.
  • If your card is suspended, you can have it reactivated by submitting the requested documentation or refund the amount charged (see steps below under ineligible items).
  • While your card is suspended you may still submit reimbursement requests for items or services for which you paid out of pocket (see above for instructions regarding reimbursements).
  • You can prevent your card from being temporarily suspended by monitoring your transaction status via your online access.

What happens if I purchase an ineligible item(s)?

  • You will receive an email or letter from BASIC requesting a refund.
    • Mail a check, payable to your employer, to BASIC at 9246 Portage Industrial Dr, Portage MI 49024.
    • Once this is received, your account will be credited and the check will be forwarded to your employer.

What if I do not have my BASIC Benefits Card and I need to purchase a qualified product or service?

  • Pay your bill with your own cash, debit/credit card, or check
  • Keep your itemized billing statements and Explanation of Benefits
  • Submit a request for reimbursement (see above)

Why doesn’t my card work at the pharmacy or retailer?

  • The pharmacy or retailer may not be IIAS compliant
  • You may have outstanding debit card transactions that need to be verified
  • You may be trying to purchase an item that is not eligible under IRS Regulations
Table of Contents